When choosing an Ever start jump starter, there are many important elements to consider. These tips can provide some valuable insight when making your purchase decision. There are so many things to put in perspective, but you want to focus on the following top 10 tips for selecting and using Everstart Battery for your jump starting needs.
What is A Good Ever start jump starter?
Convenience is king in the car world, and you can never have enough of it. That’s why you need to be prepared when you’re on the road or at a campground.
There are a lot of car jump starters on the market, but not all are created equal. Keep in mind what kind of power you need — if you’re towing a trailer or hauling an RV, your needs will be different than someone who just wants to get started quickly.
There are also a few features that you’ll want to look for when shopping for a jump starter. You can find them in both portable and cordless models, but we’ve focused on portable units here. Of course, in the event of an emergency, you might have to start your car with just the battery power. But if there’s an engine block fire or someone steals your valuable ride, it’s nice to have a corded unit handy as well.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
Length of warranty on the battery pack. In most cases, most jump starters come with a full two-year warranty that covers parts and labor costs. You should buy from an authorized dealer so that you get support from the same company should anything go wrong.
Ever start jump starters come in all shapes and sizes, but you’ll find two main types at most auto parts retailers: single or dual-port models. Single-port models usually have one 12-volt output port, so you can use them to jump only a single car. Dual-port models usually have two 12-volt ports, which means you can jump two cars at once. This type of model is best for multiple vehicles, but it’s also the most expensive option.
Get familiar with your car’s battery terminals. The good news is that all the connections are pretty standard and easy to read. The bad news is that some of them look a little more complicated than they really are — especially if you’ve replaced the battery recently.
The battery posts are basically five terminals spaced around the center post. To make it easier to know which ones are which, Everstart includes this handy diagram:
You have four options: red (+), yellow (-), green (+) and black (–):
The red terminal goes to the negative terminal of the battery. The black terminal goes back to ground (the frame of your car). The yellow terminal connects to the positive side of your car’s ignition coil that powers the starter motor.
This also known as the Everstart Jump Starter, is a battery booster, air compressor and flashlight all in one. This jump starter is available at most Wal-Mart stores. If you are considering purchasing an Ever start jump starter, you might want to review the following tips before you make your purchase.
- Check the size of the battery. Some models have a smaller battery than others, which may work well for your needs. The model number is located on the bottom of the unit and it should end with either a 500 or a 1000. The larger number indicates a larger battery.
- Review the warranty information carefully, because it can vary from model to model.
- Make sure that you know how to use the Ever start jump starter before buying it. You can watch YouTube videos for instructions on using this product.
- Ask about return policies at Wal-Mart when you purchase your unit because this product cannot be returned in some locations if it has been used even once or if you no longer have the receipt.
- Make sure that you read through all of the operating instructions before using your new Everstart plus jump starter because there are different ways to charge this unit depending on whether or not it is brand new.
When shopping for a jump starter in Amazon, make sure that it can handle the type of engine that you have in your vehicle. Some engines require more voltage than others and this could affect how good or bad the jump starter works on your vehicle. Most vehicles have an alternator and if yours does not have one then it might not be able to start up properly without a jump starter.
Another important factor that you need to consider is the number of times that your vehicle.
Ever start jump starter using tips
- Read the entire user manual to become familiar with the operation of your Ever start jump starter before first use.
- Charge your Ever start jump starter for at least 24 hours before initial use.
- Keep your Ever start jump starter in a safe place and out of reach of children when not in use.
- Check the status of the battery charge level indicator lights on the unit’s display panel each time you want to use it to jump start a vehicle. The lights will illuminate when you press the power button and the unit is on. If the jumper cables are not connected, all three lights should be lit. If a single light is illuminated or no lights are lit, recharge the unit before using it to jump start a vehicle.
- Park both vehicles so their batteries are as close together as possible for easy access and jumper cable connection, but do not allow them to touch each other at any time during the jump starting process.
- Locate and open both vehicles’ hoods and prop them up securely so they remain open during the jump starting process.
- Turn off both vehicles’ ignition switches and remove both vehicles’ keys from their ignitions so nobody accidentally starts either vehicle.
- Do not disassemble, puncture or attempt to repair a jump-starter
- When using a jumper pack be sure to read the instructions carefully and follow all safety precautions
- If your car’s battery is under the hood, attach the red clamp to the positive (red) post on the battery and attach the black clamp to a clean metal surface of the engine (not painted) away from any moving parts
- If your car’s battery is in the trunk, lift the rear seats and attach the red clamp to the positive post on the battery and attach the black clamp to a clean metal surface of the engine (not painted) away from any moving parts
- If you are using an extension cord between your vehicle and jump starter, be sure to use one that is capable of carrying at least 35 amps of current
- Make sure all accessories in your vehicle are turned off including lights, radios and air conditioners
- Start your vehicle as soon as possible after connecting clamps because continuous cranking will drain your jump starter quickly
- Never connect a faulty or dead battery directly to another faulty or dead battery; doing so can cause an explosion and damage both batteries as well as yourself!
Take care of your Ever start jump starter
- Always use Ever start jump starter as directed.
- Know the components of your Ever start jump starter, like the battery and the cables, so you can easily familiarize yourself with its use.
- Keep your Ever start jump starter in a place that is easy to find like on top of the engine compartment or the trunk. If you are going to store it keep it in a place that is easy to remember and safe from other objects that may damage its components.
- Keep your Ever start jump starter clean at all times, especially after using them to avoid corrosion of its components.
- Keep spare cables because they are prone to damage because they are often connected and disconnected during use.
- Clean both car terminals before connecting your Ever start jump starter just to be sure that there is no dirt and moisture which can cause unnecessary problems while starting your car’s engine.
- Do not let your battery drain completely because this can cause problems when you start using your Ever start jump starter again especially if you discharge it for too many times already, you will need to replace them immediately with new ones or recharge them first before using again or else you might need to get a new one already instead of just recharging them first.